Monday, August 25, 2008

Time to get organized!

I made my list of things that need to get done before the baby arrives. My home needs major organizing! Plus all the usual getting the baby clothes out and washed, setting up a place for the baby. Buying diapers, nursing pads, etc. I'll have him in my room for a while. I'm hoping to borrow a bassinet from someone. I'm boxing up all my scrapbooking/crafts supplies and using those drawers for the baby's clothes, diapers, etc. I really don't have time for scrapbooking right now and I much prefer blogging and making photo books online. Maybe someday I'll go back to it. I'm excited to say that I'm not all talk. I accomplished a project already. I cleaned out and organized my pantry and front closet! Yeah! I'm very proud of myself. Those who have seen these 2 areas know that they were a disaster. I didn't know what I had and where anything was. I even made a list of what food I had on each shelf. Talking about food, I someday want to be as organized as my friend Katie. She plans out 2 weeks of meals and then shops at Super Walmart every 2 weeks to get what she needs. With picky eaters and a husband who is hardly home for dinner, it hasn't been a real priority right now. If I take the time to make a nice dinner it's just for myself and in hope that the kids will at least try it. They are getting better though. Wish me luck on finishing my projects!! It's to easy to give into the tiredness when the kids go to sleep and just want to relax. I think I might try to switch off some babysitting so that I can get projects done when I have energy. I only have 8 weeks at the most until our baby arrives! I can do it! Gotta keep motivated!

1 comment:

becky said...

Good luck on your projects. I have all kinds too but we will see what gets done.