Saturday, August 9, 2008

Annoying

It was one of those nights that we just couldn't get it right. We decided to go out to dinner but didn't know where we wanted to go. We finally decide on a place that a friend recommended in the past. The kids are starving and asking for snacks and I told them to just wait because we were almost there. So we get there and decide what we want to order and then realize that neither of us have our wallets! So we had to leave. I felt like a horrible Mom! I searched the diaper bag and only found $1 and some change. So we got back into the car trying to apologize and explain to the kids what happened. Then I let them have some snacks. They were happy but I felt horrible. We went home and got some money and decided to stop by a place closer to home. Then when we got there it was out of business! I couldn't believe it. I don't think we were meant to eat out. Then we ended up eating at a cafeteria style place which I think is gross but we got to eat. What a frustrating night!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Vaughn and I had lots of dates like this when we were dating and engaged. It's funny now...but at the time it wasn't always so funny. Of course, we were young and in love and didn't have two starving kids along...which helped a lot.

oneworld said...

I could visualize your night and I laughed and felt for you at the same time- I've never done that but I have been at the grocery store with three kids by myself very ready to go and putting items on the conveyor belt and then realizing that I left my debit card at the bank!!! After an hour of shopping, crabby kids and a line galore at walmart and no no money. I was annoyed and I shed a tear to now drive back to the bank and start ALL over!! But yes we do laugh about it later!!!!