6 years ago
Friday, May 15, 2009
The Switch
I use to get up and ready to go in the mornings. I love getting out of the house. And then I feel like the kids have had some fun and that I can clean in the afternoon. But that wasn't working. My house never got cleaned. So I started to try something different. Now I get up and clean every morning. The kids help because they know that I wont take my shower and let them watch a movie(usually Dora on TV) until the laundry is put away, the dishes clean, and the house straightened up. They pretty much do anything I say now in the mornings. They know the routine. And it works out great because by the time the house is clean its time for Justin's nap and then I can shower. I've recently felt so in control of my home. I've somehow also had time to make real dinners and try new recipes. It feels good. I know most of my friends and family have had things under control for a long time but I'm just finally figuring it out. If you clean everyday, do a load of laundry every night, etc. your house doesn't become an unbearable disaster. Such a small change but such a huge difference.(This doesn't include their room yet, just the rest of our home...I'll be tackling that soon.......needs some major organizing/getting rid of toys!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like a major shift. Consistency is key thats for sure. Its way easier to maintain and its not overwhelming-- but don't get discouraged if it doesn't last not to be negative just realistic cuz I've been there done that. It seems to come in cycles but that's just my ten years as a parent talking there's people way way more experienced than me!!! As long as your trying and you can find peace and balance in your home that is all that matters. I'm glad you are finding joy in these accomplishments because they do feel GREAT!!!
I use to have the entire house clean by 10am (and my place is pretty big) I had it all under control. I was doing everything, the cleaning, the cooking, baking, trying new things, the yard, exercising, reading new books etc etc basically trying to be perfect. I could control it all but just beware perfection can be exhausting and you need to schedule time for yourself or you'll get burnt out. You can do it and you will do awesome just make sure you remember to cut yourself some slack- not one extreme or the other. Be balanced. i am still trying to learn that.
That is big. I struggle on how to get to the gym and work out and then get everything done at the house. I seem to have the same problem everytime I have a baby. Maybe I need to reorganize my day too.
Post a Comment