Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Potty Training

I wasn't sure I was ready to commit but Preston decided that he way ready. I think he finally realized that all of his friends wore underwear. Yesterday was the first time we went out and had no accidents. I'm trying to get better at making him try to use the potty ever so often instead of waiting for him to tell me he has to go. So at the park yesterday I took all 3 kids to the bathroom and Preston and Natalie went potty. You would of laughed or felt sorry for me if you were watching me try to hold Justin with one arm and juggle getting Natalie and Preston's clothes off and getting them on the toilet and then holding them up to wash their hands, etc. I was proud of my accomplishment but next time I'll bring in a stroller to put Justin in.
I'm a little bit of a germ freak. The only reason I did okay at this bathroom was because it was brand new and clean. I don't know how I'll handle potty training in public restrooms!
Today Preston told his preschool teacher he had to go potty and he went! Yeah!! It's working!
I wish I would of potty trained before Justin was born, it would of been easier! Lots of people told me to wait because kids usually regress after a baby is born so I waited. Plus, it's hard to be bending down to change clothes all the time when you're pregnant. But I do think it'll be easier now because Preston is ready for it now.

2 comments:

becky said...

It is a lot of work for everyone. Good job. Landon was potty trained before Cait was born and has totally regressed. He is doing better again but we are not 100% yet.

oneworld said...

That's so great! I knew if Noah could do it- Preston could. Have a new baby brings on a lot of challenges and you have to do what is best for you. Changing a 3 1/2 year old diaper is not fun going in the toilet is way easier and a lot less clean up for you!!! Besides he'll feel like such a big boy. Always bring extra clothes in case-- have them in the car, stroller etc better to have them and not use them ; ) Since he is older maybe he'lllearn quicker too! Always take him potty before bed. We still wake up Noah around 11pm to go one last time. (that's usually when we go to bed) Good luck!!!! You are doing great!