

First playset, first black eye, poor Justin. Natalie wanted to push him on the swing but of coarse he wanted me to do it so we got mad and started pushing the glider and somehow pushed it in front of him and he swung right into it. I'm glad he didn't also fall off the swing. He screamed for a while but I finally calmed him down and put a movie on for him while I put ice on it. It was really swollen and is getting darker every day. We were worried that he hurt his eye so we covered the other eye and made sure he could still see.
After having the ice on for a while he said, "no more bo-bo". I'm glad he felt better. In the morning it hurt again and seemed to be more swollen, making him close his eye a little. Then it started getting better. We went to a farewell party for a professor that is moving and everyone commented on his "black eye" which was worse than the injury itself. He got really worried and said to me, "Mom, I'm okay". When we got home I showed him his eye in the mirror so he could understand what people were talking about.
No comments:
Post a Comment