Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Poor Natalie

Yesterday morning while I was taking a shower I heard Natalie and Preston both screaming and crying. Most of the time they'll play nicely together while I get ready for the day but sometimes they fight over a toy or something. This time I didn't hurry out of the shower because I assumed it wasn't anything major going on. But then I came out to find Natalie with a truck's wheel stuck in her hair. Preston was giving her a back massage with his battery-operated truck and her hair got tangled in the tire. So she was screaming from pain and Preston was screaming because he wanted his truck. I felt so bad for not getting to them sooner(I only took a few minutes but sometimes I'll get out in a couple of seconds). I just hope that Preston wasn't tugging at his truck. Poor Natalie, that must of really hurt. I started to try to take her hair out and was afraid that we'd have to cut it. I called Jeremiah to come help(its so nice to have him so close) but I had gotten it untangled right as he arrived. I thought about taking a picture but then I felt to bad for her to do it.

I just want to also say that Natalie can be so sweet sometimes. She'll just play on her own and flip through tons of books. And she'll sing songs as she's playing. She really likes her "baby" doll. It's so cute to see how naturally girly she is. But on the other hand, she's definitely more challenging than Preston ever was. She's very strong willed, she wants to do things on her own.

2 comments:

becky said...

I have had similar things happen where I have thought do I need to get out or can I wash out the shampoo first. Or I really wanted to shave today.

recover and thrive said...

oh my goodness - mom told me about this! how crazy!